Stamp and coin scanning software. Scan and crop stamps with a single click.
Tips on successful stamp scanningThere are a few rules of thumb when scanning stamp pages for processing with StampScan.
- This software has been developed with flatbed scanners in mind. Scanning with handheld scanners or processing photos taken with digital cameras are not recommended.
- If the background of the stamps is not a uniform, patternless surface, the automatic recognition algorithm will be less effective.
- Leave a bit of gap between stamps when scanning. Adjacent stamps may be recognized as one single object instead of multiple.
- Make sure that both the document window and the cover are as clean as possible.
- Non-rectangular stamps are less likely to be detected and clipped correctly.
- Always scan at 300 DPI or higher resolution.
- Closely review the result and adjust / add stamps manually if necessary.